Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 2012 BirchBox

After receiving last months bummer of a BirchBox I thought that I would wait one more month to see if I got anything that would make my $10 worthwhile. I also signed up for Glossybox so I can compare the two and decide which I would like to stick with.  I was kind of let down last month since my BirchBox contained a random assortment of items that made no real sense. I threw away the BB+ cream after two uses and couldn't accurately judge it. I still use some of the things I got but not enough to buy a full size of any of it.
   This month they did not disappoint! I was so happy with what I received and I think it was enough to at least get me to sign up for a yearly subscription soon.

Theme:
This month's theme was "Jet Set" which means that every box contains products that are perfect for traveling or are from foreign countries.  They also tossed in two extra's which totally made my day. I love running to the mailbox every month. It's like christmas. 
   

Untitled

What's Inside:


(Starting clockwise from left)


Lifestyle Extra// Cynthia Rowley Dress Up Band- Aids:
   I love how busy the box is and it caught my eye the moment I opened it. I'm a hairstylist and I tend to nick my hands quite a bit when I'm texturizing so these are perfect. The fact that they look so stylish is just icing on the cake. I also was given a travel band-aid holder from an employee at CVS not too long ago so I will be decorating it soon (perhaps a DIY post? finally? yes? ). These band-aids would be perfect for on the go cuts and scrapes. At my age it doesn't happen often and since my boyfriend will likely refuse any idea of domestic violence  I'll have to find other reasons to put one of these on my face or body (my dog is teething and loved to chew hands).  :D Love it!
Pack of 20 $15


Melvita// Rose Floral Water:
     I don't use toner that often because I just forget to. I always buy full size bottles of toners and have even spent serious cash-o-la on a great oneby Aveda 5 years ago (it's half full and I still try to use it sometimes). I've always wanted a toner to spritz on my face in the middle of the day when my makeup begins to go stale. I love this rose water. When I spritz it on my face its like I fell face first into the secret garden. My first test run on me and my sister left us feeling like a clown squirted us in the face with bow tie water. Obviously holding it 6 or more inches from the face is preferred over  2 inches away lol. On that first go it made our T-zones feel very soft and refreshed. I love the small size and I can keep it in my purse for whenever my face is thirsty.
Full size $ 22


Eyeko// Skinny liquid liner:
     I was beyond excited to get this and in a full size! Just this morning I was digging through all 4 of my makeup bags (I have a hard time parting with makeup) searching for liquid eyeliner to wear to a vintage show today. The " Sofia Loren Persian eye" is my go-to look for nearly every single day. It's the lazy girls makeup must have. It instantly makes you look put together even if you had to rush out the door or just didn't feel like trying that hard. I should also note that this liner is like a felt tip pen! In case you are wondering, Physicians Formula makes a similar liner which I bought with high hopes only to be let down. The Physicians formula liner goes on very sheer and almost watery...it completely sucks whereas eyeko's looks heavily concentrated with color. Promising!
Full size $15


The Balm Cosmetics// Staniac in Beauty Queen:
     I watched a few videos on the June boxes and it seems like everyone received this. I saw a little preview of it in my email and I was crossing my fingers that I would get it. I love it! The last lip stain I owned was Benefit's "Benetint" which is amazing and lasts a long time. I highly recommend it especially if you want that "just sucked some blood look".Have any of you seen the Tudors? There's a scene where Anne boleyn is going insane and rubbing red wine on her lips. This is what staniac does...beautiful wine stained crazy lips. it's also completely travel friendly! I can put this in my purse and since its a gel I don't have to worry about it spilling and staining. I tried it on and it's very subtle and grows darker if you concentrate it in one spot. I always love a little red on my lips and flush to my cheeks and this works for both.
Full Size $17


Yu-Be// Moisturizing Skin Cream:
     This is a moisturizing cream that can practically do it all from Japan. (hey they kept with the theme!). You can use it on your lips or hands or scaly summer feet. I would totally buy the large size of this because my skin gets very dry. I put it on my lips after I applied staniac and it smelled a bit like Carmex but felt smoother. My lips felt baby soft and I cant wait to try it on my hands. I should also mention that I love anything from Japan. Candy, Anime, beauty products...they know what's up.
Full Size $16


BirchBox Man Extra// John Varvatos Star USA cologne
     This was a great little surprise and perfect for fathers day. Just the other day Gabe and I were browsing Sephora and I was sniffing all the Varvatos colognes. Gabe was not a fan but I know my dad likes a classic scent so I made a mental note. My dad is an old spice guy  who has worn Ralph Lauren Polo since the 80's until I upgraded him to Bulgari. He's running low and I had him smell this cologne and he loved it. The name of the scent is really cheesy and personally I think it sounds like a cologne that is sold at Rite Aid or  Big Lots. Bitching aside, I really like this scent it's a dad scent all the way
Full Size $55- 70

My bf Gabe is more of a Clinique Happy for Men kind of guy (youthful citrus with a hint of chest hair, perfect for a mid twenties guy who doesn't want to smell like a sweaty club going creeper).




I'm so very happy with this months box. I plan on using everything in it and I can't wait to get next months box. I think this company is worth a shot and I should mention that I re-did my beauty profile before the shipment of Junes box so that might have contributed to a better box. 
I've also been thinking of getting my friends and family gift subscriptions. The men's box is $20 a month and for that much they better be receiving nail clippers and razors and more awesome goodies.
You win this time Birchbox...you win this time.


Also, My birthday is Tuesday!!! I know getting excited about birthdays past 20 might be lame but Sephora and Anthropologie give me good reasons to celebrate. I got this years beauty insider birthday gift from Sephora and it's so cute! Below is a little peek at what they offer for birthdays this year. I'll probably post a b-day haul sometime this week. 




                                       ( Image Via Sephora)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...