Monday, May 28, 2012

Must Have Monday// Festival Wear

Schools out and the weather is warm. Summer is the time for festivals be it Lollapalooza or Outside lands, or just a little block party with local bands. There is something for everyone going on during the summer. It's the perfect time to take advantage of the beautiful weather and listen to great music. This weeks must have monday is focusing on all the great clothing that inspires the feel of a hippie bohemia.

    The best part of summer are the comfortable and effortless pieces of clothing that completely pull together a wardrobe.
I never realized the importance of a good festival outfit till I heard my sassy gay coworker point to a girl at Coachella and say " I don't like her coachella outfit". Now that the season for grazing on the grass is upon us my eyes have been glued to sites like Freepeople.com searching for summer clothes.


1.) I love the hippie vibe of all of these clothes and especially the dip dyed hair. I had an ombre color like this on my hair last year and I miss it. I have also become obsessed with creating sets on Polyvore.com so expect to see a lot of this stuff in the future. It makes must have Monday tons easier ;)
Indian Summer



Free People crop top, $136
Bikini bathing suit, €160
Fringe shoulder bag, $68
Miss Selfridge necklace, $18
Forever 21 jewelry, $6.80
Free People hair accessory, $23
Jigsaw straw hat, £18
Urban outfitters sunglasses, $16








2.) I love wayfarers , fringe , crochet and those to die for tall sandals from Freepeople. I need to find a way to make them mine. They are too fabulous.
FreePeople Festival wear



Free People long sleeve tunic, $108
Free people, $58
Free People strappy sandals, $158
Free People vintage jewelry, $498
Free People vintage jewelry, $228
Free People lace sunglasses, $24
McFadin Canary Beaded Crossbody, $268




3.) I'm kind of a fashion chameleon and although I love the girly Zooey Deschanel look  most of the time I still can't get enough of the edgy grunge look. I love the whole "I just rolled out of bed with yesterdays makeup on , threw on a ton of black and some thigh highs and now I look fabulous". This is the part of me that wants to live in a big urban city.

Grunge Festival

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...