Thursday, May 31, 2012

1960's Fashion Inspiration

I've gone through my phases of loving every decades respective fashions but ever since high school there has been a special place in my heart for the 1960's and 1970's. I've been particularly smitten with fashion from the sixties especially anything Mod.
I long to be able to wear a cute A-Line mod scooter dress without looking like Tracy Turnblad from "Hairspray". Unfortunately I was given a 1950's full busted Marilyn figure and not the waif-like figure  that was popular in the sixties.. And for the record taping your boobs down only hurts the gals. ;)

Either way I'll still be rocking the cute sixties look whenever possible. There's always something for every figure in almost every decade (not you 1920's...grumble).




Add caption









Getting the Look:

  When I can't find awesome sixties vintage in my size I turn to trusty contemporary boutiques and stores. Modcloth is of course known for their retro revival clothing and they carry so many great brands. I have yet to purchase anything from them but this little set is on my wishlist :).


The day I met the Beatles

2 comments:

shauna said...

Super cute clothes! Love the prices on the Bobbie Brooks add! *sigh* 10 dollars for a cute skirt...

Monica & Lauren said...

oh my gosh I know. I wish cloths were that cheap still.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...