Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Colorful Tattoo Ideas

Since I was 19 I have been thinking looooong (like 12 years) and hard about getting a tattoo. I've come across several that I want and they are mostly from my favorite artists. One of them is lyrics from a Sigur Ros song which apparently makes me "a pretentious hipster", as one guy called it. I still have yet to get a tattoo but I am hoping that the time will come sooner rather than later.
My main reason for not doing it is that my parents still help me with quite a few things and wasting money on a tattoo (which they would hate) would probably make them disown me.

But I digress...On to the art!


I discovered this artist, Emily Winfield Martin on Etsy and I fell in love with her whimsical paintings. They remind me of "Calico Critters" if anyone remembers those cute toys. Actually googling "fuzzy animal family toys of the 1980s" brings them right up!
Anyway, I love love her paintings and I can't choose just one to put on my body.


If I get this one, I would want the tattoo artist to change the cat to a Siamese like my Caspian!



Audrey Kawasaki is my all time favorite contemporary artist and many many people turn her paintings into tattoos. Why? Because they are awesome.
I want a forearm tattoo and it's kind of a toss up right now.



I recently saw a gallery exhibition featuring Audrey Kawasaki along with others and Amy Sol was one of them. I love her work.



Esao Andrews was one of the first artists I truly loved. I found his work around 2002 and his website was all flash and very very cool. A girl looking like Wednesday Adams in striped tights sat in a chair and watched your cursor move. Clicking on an object would cause another creature to pop up. If anyone is familiar with Circa Survive then you will know this artist. He does almost all of their album covers.
I love anything that is a mix of cute and disturbing.



Back in the day Esao Andrews used to have links to other artists and that is how I found James Jean I love the hummingbird from "Forlorn Rose".

1 comments:

Baylee said...

I LOVE Audrey Kawasaki.. her art reminds me of California. Love all the art!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...